5 Things You Can do to Touch Your Soul and Regain a Positive Attitude – Guest Blog Post
When we get down, sometimes it’s hard to find a way back to happiness. There are some little things we can do though, that can make a big difference in how we feel on a regular basis. These little things will increase your positivity and create more happiness.
1. A hot bath on a cold day – or for that matter, a hot bath on a stressful day will work too!
2. Our favorite scent – There’s a lot of evidence that suggests emotions are linked to smells. When I smell cut grass, it immediately takes me back to when I was growing up. Sunday afternoons spent in the yard were always happy so the smell of cut grass always puts a smile on my face.
3. Good food- Now this can be both a good thing and a bad thing. You’ve probably heard of comfort food, that food that you want to eat most when you aren’t feeling at your best just to hopefully make you feel a little better. However, the best food to eat to make you get back on the right track to a more positive attitude is healthy good food. Learn some great recipes that combine really great tastes with health. Then make those your go to recipes.
4. Massage – If you have a loved one, getting them to give you a massage with a great lotion can be just what you need to reverse a negative attitude! Just remember to return the favor.
5. A walk in nature – whether it’s snowing outside or the flowers are in full bloom, getting out and back in touch with nature and stopping to smell the (literal and figurative) roses will allow you to take pause and rethink some of what is bringing you down.
We can’t control everything that happens to us in our lives but we can control our reactions to those events. Having a little box of positive attitude tricks can help you out in a pinch when you really need to overcome some negativity.
What is your favorite little thing to do to make you feel more positive?
Nicole Bandes is the bestselling author of Positivity on Purpose: Intentionally Create More Abundance, Wealth and Happiness. Go from negative, unhappy and miserable to positive, excited and extraordinary in just 30 days with her Positivity on Purpose Transformational Challenge beginning April 23rd. Learn more and register at http://goldeneaglescoaching.com/poptc/. You can also read more articles by Nicole at http://goldeneaglescoaching.com/blog/.