The Top Ten Health Benefits of Water and more
Water is considered one of four elements of western culture along with Fire, Earth and Air. These four elements also are known in pagan cultures as well as early western traditions. Tarot decks also have the suit of cups which symbolize water and emotions. Water has qualities of depth, taking on any shape depending on its container. Water flows fast and is still within lakes and crashes upon our shore. Water falls from the sky either wet or frozen depending on the temperature.
Water makes up about 60% of our body and is vital to our living. Water is a natural resource and clean water is vital to our planet – to all living things~ plants, animals and humans alike.
I want to share a site where I found the Top 10 Health Benefits of Drinking Water ~
- Water can reduce fatigue by helping your body function more efficiently and one thing I did not know is that fatigue is one of the first signs of dehydration.
- Keeping hydrated can positively affect your mood and cognitive thinking.
- Hydration can positively affect headaches and migraines.
- Drinking adequate water aids digestion and helps prevent constipation.
- Aids in weight loss especially when one substitutes water for high sugary drinks.
- Water also helps flush out toxins from the body- another thing I did not know is that helps with kidney function and can help reduce kidney stones by flushing out the salts and minerals that form them.
- Water also helps regulate body temperature as it help release heat from the body. We all know how an icy cold glass of water can help us cool down on a hot day.
- Water helps replenish the skin tissues and moisturizes the skin. I know when the weather turns cooler, if I don’t get enough water my lips seem to chap easily.
- Water relieves a hangover. When imbibing remember to drink 16-20 ounces of water before going to bed as alcohol is a diuretic and water will replenish your body and help possibly relieve any hangover.
- Lastly water helps with bad breath by keeping your mouth moist and helps to rinse food particles.
So a few reasons to me sure you drink water and keep hydrated.
What will you do to keep sufficiently hydrated?